MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER
Application Deadline: March 8, 2018
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Reports to: Director of Training, Support and Impact
To design and implement effective monitoring & evaluation framework and tools to measure the effectiveness of Teach For Nepal Fellowship program and to provide feedback & support to program teams to strengthen recruitment, selections, training, fellow support and alumni activities.
Primarily responsibilities include but not limited to:
- To design a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework against Teach for Nepal’s Theory of change and strategic vision.
- To design and develop tools to gather data & information required for measuring short term and long term impact of our work on our students, classroom, community (local and national), Fellows and Alumni.
- To be the lead on Teach for Nepal’s Learning loop – a mechanism by which we inform our work by learning from our Fellow’s as well as our team members’ successes and achievements.
- To lead the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation activities – including collection, compilation, documentation as well as leading, training and supporting the team of additional personnel involved.
- Based on the evaluation results, present an analytical report to the different teams not only highlighting achievement and outcomes but strong recommendations on areas of learning and growth to further strengthen the movement.
- To collaborate with different teams – mainly recruitment, training, and alumni leadership to design internal evaluation and monitoring mechanisms that feed into the organization’s larger M&E Framework.
- Provide relevant trainings to the managers on M&E – designing, implementing, compiling and analyzing to draw relevant learning.
- To be the key person in designing and implementing team evaluation, appraisal and satisfaction surveys as well as be the main lead for any external evaluations.
- Work with the communications manager to strategize the dissemination of relevant reports to different stakeholders.
- Minimum Bachelors degree. Masters Degree Preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in designing and implementing evaluation framework, log frames, and data collection and analytical tools.
- Four years of full time (post-bachelor's) or Two years of Full time (Post Masters) experience in the relevant role.
- Strong in Critical, Logical, and Analytical thinking.
- Ability to lead as well as maintain a relationship with rest of the team based on TFN’s value of mutual respect and responsibility.
- High willingness and ability to quickly learn different tools, modules, framework and software.
- Strong written communication skills in both Nepali and English required.
- Willing to travel within Nepal, this position requires a regular visit to Fellows’ schools in rural Nepal.
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Committed to the mission of Teach for Nepal;
- Aligned to the core values of the organization;
- Ability to take leadership, problems solve, and function with very little supervision;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
Location: The position is based in Kathmandu valley but requires travel to placement communities across the country.
Salary: Competitive with local community based organization.
Duration: 1 Year renewal will depend upon the availability of funding.
Closing date: 8 March 2018
To apply: Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org