Schools in tanahun

Shree Saraswoti Namuna School lies in Khairenitar, Tanahun. The legend here is that due to the area’s geography, a resident named this place Khairenitar. It is the oldest school in the community. The school recently celebrated its 61st year of establishment day. The school has a total of 350 students enrolled in the current academic year. It takes about six hours to reach this school if we catch the local bus from Kathmandu. The most convenient way to reach the school is to take a bus to Pokhara and asked to be dropped in Khairenitar. The school lies near the highway of Pokhara - a 45 minute’s drive from Damauli and about an hour from Pokhara. A mixed community with bout 60% of the community is Brahmin, whereas the rest 40% includes Dalit and Janajatsi. But, in terms of the school scenario, there are about 70% of students come from the Dalit community, 20% from Janajati, and 10% from the Brahmin community. A small community with only about 500 members is located within t...

View Profile

Let's stay in touch.

Contact Information

"TFN House"
PO BOX 3739
140 Chitra Marga, Kantipath
Jamal, Kathmandu, Nepal


Quick Links